Are you a fingerpicking guitarist who likes to learn in a steady manner and wants to play some beautiful music this Christmas?
Learn How to Play 5 Classic Christmas Carols Fingerstyle on Guitar at 3 Different Skill Levels – “Easy”, “Medium”, and “Hard”
Do you want to…
- Learn beautiful fingerstyle versions of these classic carols – Jingle Bells, Silent Night, O Christmas Tree, Deck the Halls, and We Wish You a Merry Christmas?
- Discover how to play these at three different difficulty levels – easy, medium, and hard, so you have one to learn that suits your skill level right now?
- Improve your fingerpicking technique, fix the most common issues, improve your tone, and enjoy your playing more than ever?
If you answered YES to any of the above, keep on reading because this is for you…
From the studio of guitar teacher Dan Thorpe
Hi, I’m Dan Thorpe, author of 11 books and 5 courses with dozens of five-star ratings on Amazon and Udemy, and over 1 million YouTube views.
I want to tell you about some big issues that many of you are facing this Christmas as guitarists…
Most guitarists simply don’t have enough fun on the guitar
Christmas is a fantastic time of the year to stop and check your guitar progress.
It’s also a great time to learn some once-per-year arrangements that you can’t play all year round (Jingle Bells in summer, anyone?).
The problem is, when students look back at their yearly progress, they are often disappointed with their results.
If you feel your playing is painful or uncomfortable and chords and notes buzz, sounding as bad as a Britney Spears Christmas song recorded after 10 glasses of sherry, then read on, because…
There is a solution…
Play with better technique, enjoy these fun fingerstyle carols, and learn them at your current skill level!
“(The book) is in three stages – easy, medium, and hard and for someone like me (a ‘newbie’ at 62) the easy is great but once you get to grips with the easy it is so well explained that you can progress to the medium or even hard.
Great book, great teacher.”
Christmas Chords! How to Play 5 Classic Christmas Carols on Fingerstyle Guitar
Christmas Chords! is now in its third edition and it covers everything you ever need to know about playing some fun Christmas carols with great technique. The eBook comes with tab, audio, detailed advice, “power tips”, and more.
These Christmas carols are:
- Jingle Bells
- Silent Night
- O Christmas Tree
- Deck the Halls
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Arranged with a focus on melodies, they are instantly recognisable making them much more interesting than most of the difficult-to-play or boring sounding strumming songs out there and each carol is a joy to play.
Learn an arrangement to suit YOUR skill level – there are 3: “Easy”, “Medium”, and “Hard” arrangements
For each carol, there are three different arrangements for each skill level – and each one builds upon the previous one.
- ‘Easy’ (for beginners or more experienced guitarists who want something fun and easy to learn)
- ‘Medium’ (takes the ‘Easy’ version and adds some simple notes to fill out the sound and make it sound even more impressive)
- ‘Hard‘ (these are super impressive and highly exciting versions which build upon the previous versions)
This means there will be something for YOUR skill level and…
Each Christmas, as you improve, you can keep coming back to the book and you can challenge yourself with the next arrangement.
This is a unique and fun way to see your improvements from year to year.
In fact, you could learn the ‘Easy’ arrangement in less than 15 minutes, and then show it off to your family or just play it to start getting into the Christmas spirit. Then, you will be inspired to tackle the next one!
If you have bad guitar technique, playing feels awkward, notes buzz, and you feel full of tension, you will love this new section
For the 3rd edition of the book, I have created a whole new section on the fundamentals of good guitar technique…
Which will be important if you struggle with bad technique, find playing uncomfortable, and if you find your fingers just won’t move in the way you want them to.
It features my best advice on how to warm up each hand quickly, how to develop your fretting and picking hand technique, my three most important fingerpicking exercises ever, and much more.
Learn over 40 of the most useful nuggets of advice with the ‘Power Tips’
Discover some of my best and most relevant fingerstyle tips and nuggets of information in the ‘Power Tips’ located throughout the book.
These are specific and relevant to the arrangements but also feature tips and ideas you can quickly implement in your own arrangements, general playing, and your own songs.
Get started in just a few minutes
In the book, I take you through each version of each carol in a step-by-step manner and each version comes complete with tab, sheet music, audio, chords, and lyrics.
There are also audio recordings for each version (played both fast and slow) for you to download or stream so you can actually hear the piece played in real-time. I spent many Christmases refining and perfecting these arrangements and teaching them to real students – and now you get the finished article.
Download and stream the audio at full speed and at a slowed-down speed – making learning the carols much easier
There are full speed and slowed down versions of each arrangement.
This means you can play along with the slower ones when learning them and then aim to build up to the full speed version when you are more comfortable with the arrangement.
Doing it this way makes it so much easier to learn the songs!
Build upon each arrangement and enjoy the book year after year
Each Christmas I go through some of these arrangements with private students and I have seen how some of my longer-term students have progressed from just being able to play the ‘Easy’ melody…
All the way to being able to tackle and perform the ‘Medium’ and in some cases, ‘Hard’ arrangements.
It is really encouraging for the student to see how far they have come since last Christmas.
If you get this book and keep aiming to improve, then you will see the same progress and you will be able to look back at your progress from past Christmases with pride.
Imagine sitting around a warm log fire with your loved ones or even talking to your loved ones via skype or zoom and playing these arrangements, each year showcasing how much better your guitar playing is going.
Your family will be delighted, everyone will get a warm fuzzy Christmas feeling, and everyone might feel just that bit closer together for it.
Yes, you can actually bring your family closer together at this special time of the year – all through the power of music.
All of the techniques in this book have been thoroughly road-tested for your benefit!
Just some of the things you will learn in this book include:
- My exact method of creating arrangements and my exact process of building them up to sound great so you can have endless amounts of fun!
- How to warm-up the fretting hand and develop its basic technique so you can play with more comfort and confidence
- The best way to learn ANY solo fingerstyle arrangement – if you have played for 1 month or 20 years, saving you lots of time!
- My three favourite fingerpicking warm-ups that you can use forever
- Exactly how to develop both hands for accurate and effortless technique
- Why your tempo should always be rock solid but how to purposely change it for a very dramatic and professional sound
- The 3 levels of fingerstyle note choice – and why they are integral to a good fingerstyle arrangement
- My unique and step-by-step guide on how to create fingerstyle arrangements of your own – using the most popular melody of all time
- A section-by-section breakdown of each part of each arrangement
- Essential tips on reading some of those tricky musical symbols and why they are so useful
- How to learn songs faster by breaking them down into smaller sections (this is rarely done)
- How to add a root note onto a melody in a simple way to fill out the sound and make it sound like two guitars (it is surprisingly easy when you know how)
- The chords to each song so you can conventionally strum them and sing along if you want to
- The full lyrics to each arrangement so you can get singing along if you want to
- How to use partial chords to liven up and add a J.S. Bach type feel to We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- A Q and A section of the most frequently asked fingerstyle questions with my in-depth answers.
- Why conventional fingerstyle technique will often need to be adapted for solo fingerstyle playing and exactly how to do it
- How to add Travis picking to Jingle Bells to make it sound incredible
- How to bridge the gap between what you hear and what you play on the guitar using advice from a jazz great
- All in all, how to have much more fun and improve your fingerstyle technique this Christmas and for many Christmases after…
Do not buy it if you want something that looks super pretty and perfect
I should warn you gently this book is not 100% pretty to look at. My plan was to tweak it leading up to Christmas 2020, but my formatting guy was not available in time.
It is 95% fine but if you need something to look pristine and perfect or it upsets you (like it does for some people), then it is best not to buy it this year but wait until next year.
On the other hand, if you don’t care that much about it looking all that pretty and you want something that will get you playing some great Christmas tunes leading up to the rest of the year, then check it out.
The arrangements are inspired by some of the greats – you will learn some of the cool things they do!
I make no secret of the fact that as a guitarist I’m constantly looking to improve and learn from the best of the best, my peers, and even my own students (you can always learn something from anyone).
All these arrangements are my own but have been influenced or inspired to some degree by the following guitarists and teachers.
- Mark Hanson
- Assaf Levavy
- Ted Greene
- Sungha Jung
- Gareth Evans
- Chet Atkins
- Martin Taylor
- Tommy Emmanuel
- Merle Travis
Reader Reviews for this and other Dan Thorpe fingerstyle books
“Great way to both just play at your level, or to use as a lesson on how to develop a song into a solo.”
“As this is in three stages, it is very easy to first get the theme of the song. Then once you have mastered it, go on and embellish it. The instructions are straightforward, and I am making very good progress at fingerpicking these songs.”
“Starts with the basics and builds upon them. Very detailed and it has helped me tremendously with technique. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking to learn the techniques outlined in this book.”
“I was stuck with my guitar progress and then found Dan. His material is excellent, easy to follow and makes a lot of sense. I am already starting to see a way forward with my musical journey. Plenty more is available from Dan, so look forward to becoming a better player.”
That’s Not All…
Once you purchase Christmas Chords!, the following bonuses will be available to you and are yours to keep.
They will help you to learn and apply the concepts in this book faster than ever.
Here they are…
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree – Fingerstyle arrangement
- Auld Lang Syne—learn this fantastic arrangement!
- Paul McCartney’s Wonderful Christmastime (full video lesson)
- 2x Free Christmas riffs
- My Getting Started With ‘Ornamentation’ fingerpicking guide
- Learn The Super Fun and Simple 7 Riff Beginners Medley!
Once you get the book, there is a secret link inside which will allow you to get these bonuses right away. These will teach you new and exciting things throughout the year (not just at Christmas) and are great to keep coming back to.
***No Questions Asked, 90-day 100% Money-Back Guarantee***
Buy Christmas Chords! How to Play 5 Classic Christmas Carols on Fingerstyle Guitar and if you are in any way dissatisfied once you have read the book, I will refund all of your money immediately, no questions asked.
You will save a lot of time with the information in this book. If I were to teach you everything here, one-on-one, it would take many lessons costing far more than this book.
The small price for Christmas Chords! will save you something even more valuable than money – your precious time.
The eBook version comes in both PDF and Kindle formats.
This is the same as the version you would get if you were to order it from Amazon when available on there but if you buy it here, you will also get a PDF version of the book, lifetime access to download it, and my no questions asked 90-day money-back guarantee.
For a limited time, get it for just