‘Behind the Arrangements’
It’s always wise to understand what you are playing. That’s why in this fun little bonus, I’m taking you behind the scenes of the arrangements to uncover the theory and fretboard knowledge (plus I give you a fun fretboard challenge).
Part 1 – Basic Theory
Let’s start with some basic theory. In this video, I’ll show you what key each of the Christmas carols is in, how to see on the notation what key you are playing in, and why the pros know all this stuff, even if they’ve never studied it formally.
Part 2 – Fretboard Skills
In this lesson, we are taking the first four notes of “Silent Night”, and I’m showing you how you can play it on different strings, frets, and octaves to explore the fretboard in creative ways!
Part 3 – A Fun Fretboard Challenge
Finally, here is a fun challenge to help you improve your fretboard knowledge and have even more fun playing two of the melodies from the course as enjoyable bass riffs!
What You Will Learn
- How to understand what key you are playing in
- Why pros know a lot about theory stuff even if they’ve never studied it formally
- How to take a super simple melody and move it around the fretboard
- Playing melodies in lower and higher octaves for more variation
- A little background into the common keys of C, D, and G
- An enjoyable fretboard challenge to help you “Unlock” the fretboard faster!