Even though this course is all about playing fingerstyle versions of the carols, I know some of you like to strum and sing. If so, here are some very simple tips and strumming patterns to help you get started.
What You Will Learn
- How to strum in 3/4 and 4/4 time
- A super simple strumming pattern that is ideal for “Silent Night” and “The First Noel”
- A simple ddddu strumming pattern that is ideal for the 4/4 time signature songs
- How to quickly find the chords to strum above the notation
- How to simplify the 3/4 and 4/4 strumming patterns to help you sing while playing
- Why it’s essential to keep your strumming simple when singing!