Attention: Are you a fingerpicking, strumming, or acoustic guitarist learning later on in life? If so, find out about an exciting way to learn guitar that is NOT just another online course.
Make more progress with your fingerstyle and acoustic playing in less than 30 days than you have all year in only 20 minutes a day
If you want to learn faster using scientifically proven methods, join a community of guitarists to support you, most aged 40+, and learn guitar in a simple, step-by-step way so…
…You play beautiful fingerpicking songs, have more fun, and improve your guitar technique, read on…
From the studio of guitar teacher, Dan Thorpe
Hi, my name is Dan Thorpe. The first thing you should know is that I am not a “natural” born guitarist.
I had to work hard to get to where I am these days with my playing.
I had to learn guitar the hard way with my own frustrations over the years BUT…
Over time I developed a unique method that has transformed the playing of over 120 real-life beginner and intermediate fingerpicking and acoustic guitar students…
Most of whom were learning later on in life.
“I am very impressed with your teaching style. You explain everything really clearly and do not lose me on the way. It is note for note tuition and this is EXACTLY what I need. You have obviously taught many students over the years and it comes over. “
There is a big problem in the guitar world – and it’s one that may be hurting your progress, day after day
Most guitarists who are learning at home on there own are struggling.
There are 1000s for free lessons out there, but the problem is “one-way learning” where everything is random.
There is no plan to follow and worse…
When you are stuck or confused, there is no one to turn to for real help.
Sure, you can post a comment on a YouTube video or in a Facebook group asking a question but usually, there is stone-cold silence as no one responds.
I call this “One-way learning” and it is a cold and lonely way to learn…
…particularly if you lack confidence in your playing or you are stuck.
Even when people do respond, they are usually just “Keyboard Keiths” (someone who has never taught a lesson in their life, giving out poor advice).
It is frustrating but made worse when…
…you read all the other comments of others saying how amazing they are doing…
…and how they can fingerpick like Paul Simon after 6 months or something ludicrous.
That is like a kick in the teeth.
When you see others play who play easily it can be hard to swallow, especially if you have struggled
I went through this when I was learning the hard way.
…Playing in isolation with no one to ask, constantly doubting myself.
I even got laughed at when I played to someone once.
Thankfully, lots of sweat and hard work got me to where I want to be with my playing.
I want to help YOU on your guitar playing journey, helping you to reach your goals, AND without all the wasted time.
Over the years, I have taught 1000s of hours of lessons teaching students to fingerpick and strum their acoustics…
Most of whom believed they were “too old to learn” (this not true by the way).
I refined what I learnt so that you no longer have to struggle like I did.
I put it all together inside one membership that I can say, hand on heart, as far as I know, is nothing like anything else in the world of music tuition.
I call this the Elite Guitarist Inner Circle, or EGIC for short, and it has now been revamped.
If you are frustrated, stuck or have played Blackbird a 1000 times but it still doesn’t sound good, then read on because…
The good news is that in the EGIC “one-Way Learning” is a thing of the past.
In fact, the EGIC is the closest thing to having lessons with me but has the benefit of being organised, all in one place, and far cheaper than one to one lessons.
I can’t speak for all methods of learning guitar but I’ve looked at a lot and students tell me a lot of what they watch.
Most methods are just people showing you what to do on a screen and often in a random way.
The EGIC is far more interactive where “one-way learning” is a thing of the past, so you get help when you need it and so you can improve each and every day.
It is also much more organised, straightforward and varied than other methods I have seen.
Find out more below…
Discover how to make improvements with your playing in these 5 key ways
1 – Get help, support and all your guitar playing questions answered in our new community
On every page, you can leave comments, ask questions and get help from me a very experienced guitar tutor who has done 1000s hours of teaching.
And importantly from other members, who are just like you.
All help each other through the trenches, motivating and inspiring one another through each stage of the guitar playing journey.
Ask questions, seek answers, get help.
This is 100% private, no one will know your name or email address at all.
2 – Improve your fundamental technique (which is something 99% of guitar teachers ignore) so your playing can flourish
Learn the critical lessons 99% of guitar teachers do not teach.
- These are the secrets to playing without pain and sore fingers, so you can enjoy your playing.
Most guitar teachers do not teach these lessons, usually because they just teach songs or they have never taught a lesson in real life.
- Here you will learn things such as playing with a light touch, improving dexterity, removing tension, playing without sore fingers (e.g. you do not need calluses when you play and its best to avoid them).
3) – Take the tests/quizzes and challenges to measure, track and motivate your playing
This is one of the ways I get students to learn and remember over 50% more.
- Studies show that “retrieval learning” helps you learn twice as much. Guitarists rarely use this technique. Inspired, watching reruns of my favourite quiz show called The Chase, I decided to research this new “Quiz” section, so you can remember more and at a faster rate.
Learn more in less time with the “Two-minute challenges”
- Here, I test you with one simple idea that is based around the varied 12 key areas of guitar playing…
- Including fingerpicking, strumming, ear training, fretboard knowledge, theory and more…
- Improve in less time than it takes most of us to find out car keys.
4) Keep your motivation super high with the “Leaderboard” (and win prizes delivered to your door)
Inspired by the most successful Olympic countries around, The “Leaderboard” can motivate all members…with prizes for the winner.
- Take part, earn points and move up the leaderboard (it is NOT skill-based, instead, it is all about joining in, so do not worry if you are a beginner).
- Go bigger, faster and stronger, like your Olympic heroes and get guitar gifts for doing so.
- Of course you dont have to take part – this is optional, not serious, but a fun way to help motivate you.
5) Save time with my straight to the point, no-nonsense lessons which will save you time
My playlists of the most beautiful fingerpicking and strumming songs – ordered by levels of difficulty.
- Learning random songs is frustrating so here I have made it clear which song will suit you and when – saving you time.
- All of them sound great and if you love the songs of the 60s, 70s (plus a few more modern ones), you will no doubt enjoy these.
If you find technology a bit of a struggle, don’t worry, the EGIC is simple to use.
- Each page is easy to navigate and the “Orientation” section shows you exactly how to move around and navigate the EGIC with ease.
PLUS…New lessons on the 1st of every month
EVERY month, you will get a brand new set of short, time-saving and to the point, lessons sent to you via email.
These are concise and clear, so you can learn quickly and without fluff, saving you time to enjoy your playing.
You will also get an exclusive members-only bonus on the 1st of every month – only available to current members. Read on to find out more about this…
The bottom line is this – the methods in the EGIC use 21st-century technology but with tried and tested principles of learning… all to make you a better, guitarist from day 1 of the EGIC.
Where else can you get all this and for the less than the price of a few posh coffees a week?
Check out how these specific lessons…
Can take your playing from frustrated…
…To being able to play elegant, beautiful music, in an easy to follow and laid back manner
Below is a list of a few things you will discover in the EGIC.
- The step by step lesson on creating beautiful fingerpicking music which helped the great James Taylor sell over 100 million record, called “Ornamentation”.
- What you should stop doing immediately to improve your chord changes which most guitarists never fix, causing bad habits and slowing progress (“Chord changing Mini-Course”).
- How to improve the crucial “3Ps of Guitar Playing” to erase sore fingers and revitalise your playing. It takes most guitarists years to discover these, if ever, but you can fix this in 7 days or less.
- Discover my T.E.S.T. Method to help you you make progress in 30 days than you might have done in a year. This is the refined method which has helped me to help over 100 hundred reach their guitar playing goals.
- Learn 25 of my most popular fingerpicking songs taught to my students, all ordered in levels of difficuly. – inc. Sound of Silence, Albatross, Here comes the sun, and many more.
- The EGIC is designed to work for all personality types – I love watching old movies where the C.I.A. profile and learn about criminals and how each personality is different. In fact, this inspired me to make sure the EGIC will work for every personality type…
- For example, inside we have the quizzes (competitive), mini-forum (social), challenges (resolute), Supercharger lessons (readers), “In Focus” lessons (videos learners) and more……Meaning more fun for EVERY member, no matter what your personality type.
- Get these 3 exciting perks of being a member too. Enjoy the big benefits of the Members Area (which includes an exciting “trail hunt”), The “Supercharger” lessons where you will learn the sophisticated styles and secrets of players such as Clapton, James Taylor and more….And get discounts on all e-Courses and eBooks.
- The single most important lesson to STOP plucking the wrong strings. Learn how within 10-minutes of focused practice over 3 days with the simple “The octave jump” exercise.
- Exactly what to do about sore fingers that feel like they have been burnt to a crisp on a BBQ. No, the answer is NOT the typical “let them toughen up”. That is poor advice. I show you exactly what to do instead.
- Discover the wonderful “sticky fingers exercise” that will increase your dexterity and stretch, and is especially important if you are starting to learn guitar age over 40.
- WARNING! The ultra-popular guitar exercise that beginners are taught wrong. Learn exactly how you should do it instead – so you protects your joints and reduce the chance of injury.
- The easiest way to learn the “12 bar blues” authentically in the style of Leadbelly, Clapton, etc. using my simple blues mini-course where you will learn to “stack” the layers, discover turnarounds and learn much more…
- How to play the Boom-Chick Travis picking pattern – the signature early 20th-century sound made famous by the likes of Chet Atkins, Tommy Emmanuel, and Merle Travis. (In the “Boom-Chick” Fingerstyle Technique).
- The “Great Big Ear Training Quiz” – You know ear training is essential, but you probably do NOT know how to do it. Testing is key, but is hard to do on your own. This test is the solution.
- The truth about getting started learning the notes on the fretboard (in two easy steps) so you can find notes quickly and confidently.
- How to strum with a selection of the most interesting, and fun strumming songs. All sound great if you sing or dont and all will help you to strum with a better and smoother technique so you can have more fun.
- Go on an inspiritational journey and learn 30 classic guitar riffs – all arranged in chronological order from Hoochie Coochie Man (1954), to Pretty Woman to Brown Eyed Girl, all the way to the present. (they sound great on acoutic and electric.
- The simple tip that singers from the Berklee School of Music use to train their ears to a world-class standard in just 30 seconds per day, by just playing one note! You can easily use your guitar for this (in “Ear training 101”).
- 101 guitar tips from the legends of the guitar. Learn Claptons greatest trick, the Paul Simon “secret sauce”, how Paul McCartney likes to fingerpick and more.
- How to play guitar like Eric Clapton. Learn and mimic the style of one of the worlds most loved guitarist in 6 simple steps.
- Plus…Get all of the “Q and A newsletters”, learn the exact way to get started with a metronome, the scientifically-backed Harvard learning trick that will ensure you learn everything faster, and so much more…
- Plus… get feedback on your playing with the “Guitar Doctor Feedback Session” – send me a video of you playing and I’ll help you to fix and problem areas. normally $97 but free for EGIC members.
If you lack confidence and think “this will never work for me”, fear not…
…even a 92-year-old is enjoying the EGIC!
You probably want to play for yourself (rightly so), to have fun and keep your brain sharp…
It is designed in a clear and straightforward path for you, which is easy to follow and makes sense at each stage.
And, I and the other members are here every step of the way, encouraging and motivating you all the time…
In the “Mini-Forum” and on every page…
But it all starts with a series of short and powerful emails taking your by the hand and telling you exactly what I tell one to one students…
To help you build the habit of playing and practising to a high standard so…
…you see results in 30 days and with 20 minutes of practice per day.
Yes, alas you do need to practice!
Remember, the EGIC is NOT an online course.
It is a community, a sanctuary, a place to learn with a smile on your face. You can be grumpy, but we are here for each other.
I put my heart and soul into the EGIC to ensure you get great results too.
Other students have loved the way I teach for years. This is what they say…
“I am almost 70 and have taken to catching up on my teenage novice playing days. Now after almost 6 months, the clarity and simplicity of Dan’s methods continue to make me want to go on and on…”
“Hello Dan, I am probably just another in a long line of students that simply want to say thank you. Since joining I can now say that I am improving because you have somehow put it all together for me.
I now see that there is daylight at the end of this long dark tunnel of doubt I have been down. It is finally happening”
“Hi Dan, your EGIC is amazing! Keep up the astonishing work, you’re the best :)”
“That lesson (the 3Ps of Guitar Playing) has opened up a whole new world for me. Excellent work!”
“Hey Dan, you are awesome. Keep up the motivation! As soon as this email is done I am going to go put a few hours of practice in”.
Plus, get an awesome FREE gift sent to your door at zero cost to you (worth $47)
Join today, and you will get a free copy of my highly regarded book, Guitarists Get Theory, sent to your door, for free.
I sell this for $47 on Amazon (less than the cost of 1 lesson but far more valuable) but it is yours for free as a real paperback book, delivered to your door.
Guitarists Get Theory is a physical book that works perfectly with the EGIC…
Theory is essential and all guitarists need it at some point.
- Even those guitarists who say they never learnt theory are not quite telling the full story.
- Often they never learnt it formally but instead, they learnt it over time in bits and pieces…
- BUT it probably took them far longer than it will take you if you have a straightforward guide.
If you ever hear Clapton or Paul Simon or, hell, even Johnny Ramone mention a chord progression, I-IV-V or a “key”... they are talking theory.
Learn theory and the notes on the fretboard (I tie them together in a simple way) with your FREE gift.
Below are just a few of the dozens of 5-star reviews the book has received.
Get access to 160+ past EGIC lessons and start improving your guitar playing in just minutes from now…
To summarize, this is what you will get:
- A monthly secret bonus
- The “Mini-forum” and community
- The brand new “Quiz” feature
- The “Leaderboard” where you can win prizes for taking part (if you want)
- All of the “In Focus Mini-Courses”
- The Supercharger Series of lessons
- The monthly “Two Minute Challenges”
- The Members Areas with exclusive offers, fun stuff, and more…
The EGIC includes all past lessons and new lessons every month – all of which you can access online, easily, anytime.
The cost of all of these items separately are worth $1554.
…but you get it for $37 per month.
I am British, but the price in USD.
Simply because 70% of members are U.S. based, (the rest from U.K. Australia, Canada and various points around the world, even Iceland)…
AND because most people understand how USD works and converts into their own currency. You will be charged in your own currency with the rate converted to $37 per month.
If you are thinking of joining, don’t delay, because on the 1st of each month I release an exclusive members-only bonus
- Each month, you will get a short and to the point, mystery surprise where I demystify a practical guitar techniques in the simplest way in less than 10 minutes.
- Only those who are enrolled by the 1st of each month will these. This is NOT fake deadline (like you see often on the internet) as the email with the lesson goes out only to those enrolled on the 1st of each month.
30-day no questions asked, money-back guarantee
I guarantee your guitar playing improvement – or get your money back with my 30-day guarantee.
If you feel like in 30 days you have not achieved success on the guitar or the EGIC and community has not helped you make new and exciting habits with your playing…
Simply email me and I will cancel your account and refund you right away – no hard feelings.
Beware – The EGIC may NOT be for everyone
The EGIC is for beginner and intermediate guitarists who love to fingerpick, strum and play acoustic styles.
If you have doubt yourself or believe you cant do or tell yourself “I’m not good enough“, realise…
You are not the only one thinking this.
We all have doubts.
Every single student I have ever taught all told me that they doubted themselves and wished they had started learning younger.
At $1.23 per day, it is very inexpensive but only if you use it.
If you are NOT serious about your playing, you can keep trying on your own while “Father Time” ticks away.
If that is the case, there is a place for you…
…BUT it is probably not this membership!
If you enjoy your playing, enjoy practising and don’t take it all too seriously, you will enjoy it here…
There are almost 200 members having a blast in the EGIC…
Now it is time to decide if you want in or not.
Once you click “add to cart” below, you will instantly be sent an email with your log in details to my site where you can access the EGIC, immediately.
If you have any questions or issues, you can email me at email@example.com and we will sort it right away.
The Guitarists Get Theory book will be sent right away and you will get instant access to the EGIC.
The EGIC costs just
$37 per month
If you want a 20% discount on the above price, you can get one by paying yearly rather than monthly. Click here to order yearly membership.
P.S. Achieving your guitar goals takes practice, but like Michelangelo painting the Sistine chapel – it happens one brushstroke at a time.
I want to take you through each of those brushstrokes so you can paint your masterpiece and achieve your guitar playing goals.
Remember, in the EGIC, you will learn using proven methods that are impossible to replicate anywhere else – especially on YouTube.
Here, you will learn with others, get support, enjoy the most important and useful lessons, save time with your playing, improve your technique (chord changes, dexterity, etc), have more fun, be challenged and motivated and generally learn guitar in many fun and inspiring ways that I have not seen anywhere else.
Frequently Asked Questions.
I am 65 and have struggled on and off with guitar for a while. I like your teaching but will this work for me?
Age does NOT matter. 65 is not old in this day and age – we have a 92-year-old beginner as a member and he is doing great. If he can do it, you can too!
Can I cancel the program whenever I want?
Yes. Whenever you want. I make it as easy as possible for you to cancel.
I’d like to join but I’m concerned about my privacy and have been stung before.
100% of the content and communication in the EGIC is behind a private, password-protected paywall. All payments, emails/data are completely safe and all data is completely encrypted using the latest SSL technology. You do not have to take part in the forum or leaderboard and if you do, you can hide your name and your email is private anyway.
I’m worried that I won’t have the time to utilise the Inner Circle.
That is why I have built-in these time-saving principles, like the “Leaderboard”, “two-minute challenges”, the community to help motivate you, and more…
The lessons are short and to the point. I respect your time and build the EGIC to save you time so you can enjoy your playing and the rest of your day.
If I cancel before my year or month is up will I get a refund?
Yes, of course. You WILL get refunded for any time paid for but not used.