The Fingerstyle Collection Competition
Winners of Round #1 – December 2020
The winners for the first round were Glynis, Xavier, and Peter who all did great and who all won a copy of one of my books delivered to them! All three of them have been playing for vastly different amounts of time, and you can watch a super short video of them playing HERE.
You will no doubt agree how well they did, and hopefully, you will be inspired by them. Thanks to everyone who entered. I will repeat the competition at some point soon (so be sure to enter again).
If there is enough interest, we can make it something we do every few months or so. For now, get practising in preparation as prizes will be up for grabs again.
Below is how it all works…
How it works
Competition currently closed but get practising ready to enter for March 2021.
- Learn a song or even just a small section of a song from this course.
- Film yourself playing a piece from this course (must be video)
- Send it to me in video via Dropbox, email, Google Drive, WhatsApp, or any way you like.
- Simply email me if you are unsure how to send the video over.
- The video can be short, 30 seconds or so is enough for some of the simpler pieces (but a longer video is great too).
I will pick 3 winners from 3 categories (“absolute beginners”, “advancing beginners”, and “intermediate and beyond” – I will ask you to find out which you are) and give prizes to the winners.
If it sounds good but you are maybe a little worried you are not good enough, pick a simple song (probably a level 1 piece from the course) and most importantly do not worry. This is light-hearted fun, nothing too serious and you certainly don’t have to be a really confident player to enter.
Everyone can (and should) enter as it will give you a fun challenge which will help your playing, and the chance to win a cool prize! I hope you are as excited as I am about this. Let me know if you have any questions on it by emailing me at email@example.com