The Tom Dooley Mini Masterclass
Part 1 –
- Click here to go to the course home page
- Get the TAB for this part of the course
Before you begin, make sure you go to the intro page HERE for the course, as it features a video showing you what you will learn, and links for all the TAB and all the downloads.
The Shuffle – Part 1
The very first thing we will do is learn the shuffle on the I chord. You must take your time with this video (use the TAB for clarity), as it is the backbone of the course!
The Shuffle – Part 2
If the above sounds good, let’s look at some optional “palm muting” to change the tone AND let’s learn the shuffle on the IV chord. For many beginners, these first two videos will keep you busy for some time. Use the TAB and go slowly with the course!
The Shuffle – Part 3
Finally, in this section, we will learn the V chord (which is tricky). Watch the video and see this TAB HERE for the simplification mentioned at 0.48 seconds in the video.
What you will learn
- Learn to play the all-important shuffle
- Why you must take your time with the shuffle (it’s the backbone of everything here)
- What the I-IV-V is (a Roman numeral system for talking about the chords)
- How to palm mute
- Tips for keeping the shuffle sounding tidy and clean
- Remember, you must take your time with this stuff since, for many of you, this will be completely new to you
- Give yourself a couple of weeks to really digest these lessons